Thursday, January 24, 2008
My son has a heart of gold
This afternoon, I was having a really bad day due to the circumstances here and I was at my breaking point. I was trying to get Dylan down for a nap since he didn't go to daycare due to being "snuffy" (stuffy) and having a bit of a cough, and it wasn't going well. It was the last straw today. I sat on the edge of his bed and just sobbed. This wasn't due to anything that that he had done, just life in general. After a few minutes of him asking me what was wrong and me not answering, he put down his toys and wrapped his arms around me in a big hug. As if that wasn't enough, he started patting my back and saying "Mama, it's alright, Dilly's here." Was this the same 3 1/2 year old boy who was throwing his toys at me, not even 10 minutes ago? Now he's wanting to make everything all better. All I can say, is I pray to God that he continues to be this compassionate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment