Monday, October 27, 2008

An Active imagination (his and mine)

For the past year and a half, Dylan has been, how do I put it, OBSESSED with Space. Mind you he isn't quite 4 1/2 yet. This really seems to be an interest for him. By the start of the school year in August, he could name ALL of the planets, tell which ones were made out of gas and which ones where solids, which ones were hot, and which ones were cold. Then he started Pre-K and their very first unit was on the Solar System. Dylan was in heaven. He loved the fact that he could tell me that Pluto was no longer a planet. :)

Recently, we were discussing Halloween costumes and I asked him what he wanted to be. I was thinking Fireman, policeman, dinosaur, etc.... At first he told me a Rocket, then he said "Mom, I want to be the Solar System". I'm thinking "Oh, S$%^". However, since I had always told him that he could be anything he wanted to be and I didn't want to back down on that, he will be the Solar System. It has definately taken alot of imagination and creativity. Most of all it has taken alot of hard work and research. Honestly, if I had to do it all over again, I would do it if for no other reason than I love my son.

The only part of his costume not shown is his hat, which will consist of a yellow "Gilligan" hat with miniture versions of the planets attached to it. The Jacket has all of the planets listed on the sleeves. Everything, planets, constellations, stars, words are done where they glow-in-the dark. I will take more pictures Halloween night.
Dylan's Halloween Costuem (Jacket Front) Dylan's Halloween Costume (pants front)

No comments: